Photorealistic Icons on Classic Accordance Versions?

Dr. Nathan Parker

I've noticed that when I've been working with Accordance on the emulator, most of the icons bear an old, classic look, but the icons on the resource palette have a more photorealistic look such as those of OS X. Is there a way you can take the other photorealistic OS X icons & create classic versions of them? I know they won't be as pretty as the real OS X ones, but they'd sure beat the current look. If you can do it on the resource palette, it should work for the rest of the app.

Thanks!

Nathan

Actually it's pretty amazing that you can run the latest version of Accordance on a 15 year old OS. That's how old the system is that is used in the emulator that we endorse. OS 7 does not support high-resolution icons on the desktop. I just wonder if there is any other Mac software that will run the current version on OS 7.

With a lot of Apple's recent releases, you're doing well to be able to run it on anything prior to 10.4.10!!

• 2 weeks later...
With a lot of Apple's recent releases, you're doing well to be able to run it on anything prior to 10.4.10!!

HAHAHA! Good one Rob!

So I guess the Accordance icon file types are different than the icon file types used in the OS 7 Finder? That probably explains it. Oh well, would have been nice to see if possible. I'm just glad it does run on OS7. The flat icons are OK, I was just hoping there was a way to add something sort of 3D. I'm glad I mainly run Accordance on my REAL OS X Mac! It's just the way to go.

Thanks a bunch!

Nathan

Archived