#1 Martin Shields

Martin Shields

Silver

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts
  • Accordance Version:10.x

Posted 30 September 2005 - 05:29 PM

This is a pretty minor thing, but something I find time consuming. When using "Copy as references" (from the Edit menu) the book abbreviations are terminated by a ".". Many of the publication guidelines for (e.g. SBL as specified in the SBL Handbook of Style") specify that abbreviations for biblical books should not end with a period.

Would it be possible to make this either an option or the default for "Copy as references"?

(Perhaps it would be possible to have a config file which contains the abbreviations? I'd also like to use "Qoh" as an abbreviation for Ecclesiastes.)

#2 Eleuterio

Eleuterio

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
  • Interests:Bible - AT - Psalms - Wisdom Literature
  • Accordance Version:10.x

Posted 17 November 2005 - 03:47 AM

This is a pretty minor thing, but something I find time consuming. When using "Copy as references" (from the Edit menu) the book abbreviations are terminated by a ".". Many of the publication guidelines for (e.g. SBL as specified in the SBL Handbook of Style") specify that abbreviations for biblical books should not end with a period.

Would it be possible to make this either an option or the default for "Copy as references"?

(Perhaps it would be possible to have a config file which contains the abbreviations? I'd also like to use "Qoh" as an abbreviation for Ecclesiastes.)

I have asked myself for this possibility once, and the answer was that it was not a much requested feature. Now I am glad to see that other people also feel the need.

In fact, when you have to follow different publication guidelines, you need to format you references in different ways (with /without dots, different book names, or even "," instead of ":" and "." instead of "," when dividing chapter/verse or non contiguous verses, etc.).

Hopefully other voices are heard...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users