6 replies to this topic

#1 Woty Regan

Woty Regan

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Accordance Version:8.x

Posted 19 October 2009 - 01:42 PM

How do I display the BHS critical text notes?

#2 jpkang

jpkang

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 577 posts
  • Interests:Comparative Semitics; ancient Hebrew semantics; Hebrew syntax; history and religion of ancient Israel; history of interpretation.
  • Accordance Version:10.x

Posted 19 October 2009 - 01:58 PM

The apparatus is available in Die Mac Studienbibel. If you have this installed, you can open the BHS-GBS module and then open the BHS Apparatus module in a parallel pane (you can arrange them to tile either vertically or horizontally, and they scroll in sync):

Attached File  Screen shot 2009-10-19 at 11.55.34 AM.png   226.38KB   55 downloads

Attached File  Screen shot 2009-10-19 at 11.55.38 AM.png   277.49KB   51 downloads

Also note that the 4th edition (2007) of Rüger and Scott's handy BHS Guide is also available:

Attached File  Screen shot 2009-10-19 at 11.57.13 AM.png   188.28KB   46 downloads

It's also worth noting that since Accordance offers tagged editions of the LXX, Qumran biblical materials, Samaritan Pentateuch, Targums, and Vulgate, that you can actually see the witnesses in their fuller context--in sync--and draw your own text-critical conclusions! (Sounds pretty revolutionary to me...)

Attached File  Screen shot 2009-10-19 at 12.08.03 PM.png   221.94KB   41 downloads

One last valuable tool for text-critical work is the MT-LXX Parallel database module. The phrase "embarrassment of riches" seems apropos...

Edited by jpkang, 20 October 2009 - 03:03 PM.
error in CD name (Bibliothek)

J. P. Kang, Ph.D. (Bible)

#3 Woty Regan

Woty Regan

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Accordance Version:8.x

Posted 20 October 2009 - 05:47 AM

Ah, I assumed that buying a BHS module included everything that's printed in BHS since it's not marked as abridged or anything.

Is there any way to get the notes without having to buy a whole extra package? I don't read Greek/Latin or work with the NT, and I'm happy with the language tools I already have.

#4 Helen Brown

Helen Brown

Mithril

• Admin
  • 8,420 posts
  • Accordance Version:11.x

Posted 20 October 2009 - 06:57 AM

No, sorry, the BHS apparatus has never been part opf the text module. It became available much later, and only on the CD-ROM from German Bible Society.
Helen Brown
OakTree Software

#5 Rick Paquette

Rick Paquette

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • Accordance Version:9.x

Posted 25 February 2012 - 01:27 PM

The apparatus is available in Die Mac Studienbibel. If you have this installed, you can open the BHS-GBS module and then open the BHS Apparatus module in a parallel pane (you can arrange them to tile either vertically or horizontally, and they scroll in sync):

I clicked on this link and got the message: The item you are seeking is not available. So, is there any way to access the critical notes of BHS?

Edited by Rick Paquette, 25 February 2012 - 01:31 PM.

#6 Helen Brown

Helen Brown

Mithril

• Admin
  • 8,420 posts
  • Accordance Version:11.x

Posted 25 February 2012 - 01:52 PM

We will release these notes (BHS Apparatus) within a few weeks. They will be an add-on to the BHS-W4. If you do not want to wait for the individual purchase, the Studienbibel package is available now as a set of modules for download.
Helen Brown
OakTree Software

#7 Rick Paquette

Rick Paquette

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • Accordance Version:9.x

Posted 25 February 2012 - 01:56 PM

Thank you, Helen.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users