1 reply to this topic

#1 Alan Kurschner

Alan Kurschner

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Accordance Version:8.x

Posted 14 November 2009 - 05:45 PM

I hope this was not already asked. I went to copy as citation the HALOT source with the Turabian footnote preference and it only gave me this abbreviated note instead of the full bib:

(HALOT, s.v. Mwy, 2:400.)

Am I doing something wrong, or is it in the working to eventually include all the bib?

Thanks!
Alan

#2 Rick Bennett

Rick Bennett

Platinum

• Accordance
  • 1,705 posts
  • Interests: gadgets, coffee, running and cycling, Rays baseball
  • Accordance Version:10.x

Posted 16 November 2009 - 09:37 AM

I hope this was not already asked. I went to copy as citation the HALOT source with the Turabian footnote preference and it only gave me this abbreviated note instead of the full bib:

(HALOT, s.v. Mwy, 2:400.)

Am I doing something wrong, or is it in the working to eventually include all the bib?

Thanks!
Alan

Hi Alan,

Based on Turabian 17.5.3, this is how a reference work like HALOT should be cited in a footnote. We have used the abbreviated title instead of the full one since this is a standard way to refer to this work. If you want the "full bib" use the Turabian Bibliography format in preferences. It should look like this:

Koehler, Ludwig, Walter Baumgartner, and M. E. J. Richardon, eds. The Hebrew and Aramaic Lexicon of the Old Testament. Accordance electronic ed., version 3.0. Leiden: Brill, 2000.

NB: I just found a small error in the file that tells Accordance how to handle the bib citations (an extra space!!? :angry: ). For Turabian Bibliography it incorrectly omits the editors of the lexicon. This has been fixed and will appear in the next minor update. A workaround is to use SBL Bibliography, which is virtually identical and correctly includes the editors. Sorry for any inconvenience.

HTH

Rick Bennett
Director of Content Development
iOS Working Group

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users