4 replies to this topic

#1 Heidi

Heidi

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Accordance Version:10.x

Posted 23 October 2011 - 01:38 PM

Hi all, I am looking for an Accordance tutor who can help me with my avocational Biblical studies. I live in Eastchester, NY and am willing to go to different spots in the NYC Metropolitan area

#2 mikes

mikes

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 298 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 06:39 PM

Hi Heidi,
I think you'll find the forum folk quite helpful, the Accordance staff equally (OK, even more so!).

You may also want to take a look at the podcast videos. They have an immense amount of material that can be overwhelming. If you're just looking for a place to start, share what you're trying to accomplish or do with Accordance and what package you have. We can easily point you in the right direction, or provide you with all kinds of specific examples.

I hope this helps!

#3 Heidi

Heidi

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 05:45 PM

I am still looking for help with Accordance.

I wish to grow beyond the Simple Construct Searches I am doing and move up to Complex Construct Searches.

I am stuck not knowing any particular Bible inside out that would thus provide me with phrases of what to look for.  I would like to learn the operators like NOT and AND etc. etc.  I need someone fluent enough with the Bible and conversant in Accordance to help me increase my fluency in both.

I like to think of myself as a Beginner.  Still, I can do a Construct Search and so forth.

One or two of you have been super helpful already.

Grateful,

-  Heidi

#4 Ken Simpson

Ken Simpson

Platinum

• Accordance
  • 1,309 posts
  • Interests:Astronomy
    Archaeology
    Physics
    Hebrew and Greek
    Papyrology
    Surgeon

Posted 29 March 2013 - 12:28 AM

Hi Heidi,

I wish I lived in the NYC Metro area sometimes. But I do like Sydney....I hope you find someone that can help hands on with you. For specific issues we can offer screenshare problem solving and seminars.

Edited by Ken Simpson, 29 March 2013 - 12:42 AM.

Regards
Ken
Australian Accordance Demonstrator

Administrator, Accordance Exchange

Assistant Minister, Summer Hill Church

#5 Julie Falling

Julie Falling

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,125 posts
  • Interests:Numerous!

Posted 29 March 2013 - 07:30 AM

Heidi -

Watch here - http://www.accordanc...anchor-seminars - for a Training Seminar in your area.  We went to one a couple of years ago in Greenville, SC (about 2-1/2 hours from home) and it was worth the drive and the expense of a room.   We'd like to go to another.  Even those who are very familiar with the software will learn, and it's a great place for those who are newer to Accordance to get help.

Also take a look at Dr. J's recent podcasts (#86, #87, & #88) to learn about search commands.  I have downloaded the podcasts into iTunes and re-watch the ones dealing with the more complicated tasks.

Julia Falling

Accordance 10

MacBook Air Mavericks

Mac mini Mavericks

iPad Air iOS 7

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users