export frequency vocabulary excel export

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 brenshaw833

brenshaw833

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Interests:New Testament studies, hermeneutics (especially theological interpretation (TIS) and early Christian interpretation), and Greek.
  • Accordance Version:10.x

Posted 09 May 2012 - 10:55 AM

I am wanting to export a search of frequency list of words into an excel file to then make notecards. When I try to copy and paste from the analysis tab it doesn't copy correctly into an excel spreadsheet. Any suggestions?

It doesn't necessarily need to be an excel but even a .csv file would do. I have attached what I would like to export.

Attached File  Frequency.jpg   109.02KB   40 downloads

Brian Renshaw
@renshaw330
www.ntexegesis.com

#2 Rick Bennett

Rick Bennett

Platinum

• Accordance
  • 1,836 posts
  • Interests: gadgets, coffee, running and cycling, Rays baseball

Posted 09 May 2012 - 11:57 AM

I assume you mean it does't place the Greek words in a separate cell from the rest of the content? If so, this is tweaked in 9.6 (currently in beta) and should work better. I just tested with your example (or something similar to your example) and get the following:

Attached File  Screen Shot 2012-05-09 at 12.56.23 PM.png   93.65KB   37 downloads

As a tip (if you didn't already know), when using the count command on a custom range of verses, be sure to use the [RANGE ] command, and not the drop down menu of your custom ranges. Using the latter will constrain the hits to only that range, and not the entire GNT, which is usually what most people want with this type of search.

Rick Bennett
Director of Content Development
iOS Working Group

#3 luoqianhe

luoqianhe

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Accordance Version:9.x

Posted 10 January 2013 - 05:48 PM

I have a question similar to brenshaw833's.  First of all, what are the search commands to export the list of words like you did?  Second, is there a way to have Accordance sort the list by the number of times each word occurs?  For example, first list all the words that appear once, then twice, and so on.

#4 Michael J. Bolesta

Michael J. Bolesta

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 692 posts
  • Interests:scripture study, preaching, teaching

Posted 10 January 2013 - 07:36 PM

If you open the Analysis Word Counts after your search, you have the option of sorting by count up or count down (Brenshaw's initial post in this thread shows alphabetical, but you can use the pull down menu to select other options).

Michael

#5 Steve King

Steve King

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 06:35 AM

To get this list open the relevant text (e.g. GNT-T)

For list of all words across the whole text just type  [COUNT 1-99999] then open the analysis window. As Michael says the analysis window can then be sorted.

If you are just interested in the words in a book then use the range commands with the count [COUNT 1-99999] <and>  [RANGE Jn]

If you are interested in lower frequency words only (i.e. only those that occurs 1-30 times in the NT) then just change the count accordingly. This is where the type of range you use becomes important as mentioned by Rick. If you use the range command [COUNT 1-99999] <and>  [RANGE Jn] it uses the frequency of the word across the NT. If you use the range drop down it uses the frequency in that particular selected range. These therefore give different results.

#6 Helen Brown

Helen Brown

Mithril

• Admin
  • 8,267 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 01:26 PM

There is actually no need to use the COUNT command to find all the words, just use the *. The COUNT command limits the hits to those in the specified range.

Helen Brown
OakTree Software

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: export frequency, vocabulary, excel export

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users