Upgrade to Version 10 (App Store) doesn't import Version 9 modulesModules App Store
Posted 19 September 2012 - 04:12 PM
I just installed Accordance 10 from the App Store (thanks!).
When I started it up, it only had the base modules, and not any of my modules which I have with Accordance 9 (which is still installed).
I assume that this should be a fairly easy fix - just copying/moving a folder, but I'm not sure which one(s).
Student at Queensland Theological College
Mac user because of Accordance
Posted 19 September 2012 - 04:21 PM
The location of the files is different so the App Store version cannot use the files in their previous location. It will migrate the files if the Accordance folder was located in the user/Library/Application Support. This has for some time been the default install location (for a single user).
However, if your Accordance folder was in the hard drive/Library/Application Support (the local domain) the App Store version cannot migrate them. You can email support for instructions on fixing this, or you can redownload your modules and can delete your old Accordance as well as the Preferences in the user/Library. If you log into your account with the application, it should see all the modules there, and download them for you.
In any case the App Store version should use any saved sessions and workspaces and user files in your Documents folder.
Posted 30 June 2013 - 02:12 AM
I think I have found a way around it. This is what I did and it worked for some reason.
1. Open up Accordance 10 then go to Easy Install and log in with your Accordance credentials.
2. Then open up the library in Accordance and click on Add Modules (the button is on the bottom left hand corner of the application).
3. Navigate to where the modules were stored previously (for me, it was hard drive/Library/Application Support/Accordance/Modules)
4. Select all of the modules using "shift" key and selecting all of the modules.
5. You will need to do it for the "Text" and "Tools" folder.
Hope this helps. Any issues, feel free to ask if I can help at all.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users