• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Mark Nigro

Mark Nigro

Silver

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts
  • Interests:Theology, biblical and modern languages, motorcycles, classical guitar, technology
  • Accordance Version:10.x

Posted 02 October 2012 - 04:58 AM

Today I wanted to copy biblical text with its highlighting to then paste into a PowerPoint slide for a class I am teaching. However, I lose the highlighting in the copy/paste transfer.

I have searched the help file and forum but haven't found this specific request. Is there a way to keep the highlighted portions?

A workaround I have found, but which I'd like to avoid, is to select the text, print to PDF, and then I could bring in the document to PowerPoint as an image.

Thanks for any advice.

Mark

#2 Joel Brown

Joel Brown

Administrator

• Admin
  • 2,706 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 08:10 AM

To me, an image is the only feasible option. If you want to retain the graphical look of the highlights, I can't think of another way to preserve that without an image. However, why not use a screenshot to the clipboard? Type shift-command-control-4 to get a selection crosshairs, select the portion of text you want, then paste it into Powerpoint.
Joel Brown

By day: Consultant for Oaktree
By night: Freelance Trombonist and Private Instructor

#3 Mark Nigro

Mark Nigro

Silver

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts
  • Interests:Theology, biblical and modern languages, motorcycles, classical guitar, technology

Posted 02 October 2012 - 02:25 PM

Thanks Joel. That's a much better idea than printing to PDF and trying to work with an A4 document as an image :)

#4 Joel Brown

Joel Brown

Administrator

• Admin
  • 2,706 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 02:59 PM

Glad it helps! I'm a huge fan of screen captures, and feel it is often under appreciated. My quick reference guide:

'3' for the entire screen, '4' for a portion of it. Add in 'control' to save to the clipboard instead of a file. Hit space while selecting 4 to choose a window rather than selection. I actually use shift-command-4 dozens of times a day simply for making screen measurements.
Joel Brown

By day: Consultant for Oaktree
By night: Freelance Trombonist and Private Instructor

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Copy, highlighting

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users