A Wishlist

Lorinda H. M. Hoover

First, let me say that I love Accordance, and I'm especially enjoying version 7! The only downside to such an excellent program is that it gets some of us dreaming of even more things we could do.

These are some of the things I like to see at some point in the future:

-Allow Text Windows to be used in Contents commands. I use Text Windows (rather than search windows) a lot in working with the lectionary readings; it's a little extra work for me to set up a search window for the pericopes when I want to use Contents.

-Access Define Highlights from Highlight palette

-Include Text Sets as an option when clicking on a Scripture link.

-Include a preferences setting that would allow Text Sets to open multiple panes in one tab rather than multiple tabs

-Assign key combinations for all the floating palettes

-Provide a way to collapse floating palettes (windowshade effect)

-Allow dragging panes to reposition.

-Finally, at the risk of beating a dead horse, I am another one of those who would like to see more editing options in User tools. I understand that there a good reasons for not doing this, and I am wondering if it would be easier to permit exporting User Tools (and only User Tools) to html so they could be edited by a text editor or word processor, and then re-imported into Accordance. I have several user tools that I would really like to be able to edit significantly in this way.

Archived