using Leopard for other languages

pandakruon

Hello,

I'm attempting to create some documents using the Leopard supplied Greek Polytonic and Hebrew-QWERTY keyboards. Take for example, the word ανθρωπος. The letters I type to make the word ανθρωπος, are anurvpow. You would think I could highlight the letters 'anurvpow', go up to the U.S. flag and change it to Greek Polytonic, and it would change 'anurvpow' to 'ανθρωπος', but it doesn't. It stays 'anurvpow'. Any idea how to convert words typed in one keyboard to another?

(Bonus question: Show Keyboard Viewer - how do I make the keyboard larger? It's tiny!)

Thanks!

Easy to make the keyboard larger, just drag the bottom right corner. However the keyboard works only when set while you enter the characters, it does not convert text from other fonts.

Easy to make the keyboard larger, just drag the bottom right corner. However the keyboard works only when set while you enter the characters, it does not convert text from other fonts.

Actually, under Leopard, the green zoom button in the upper left corner of the Keyboard Viewer toggles it between small/large sizes (there's no grow handle).

As for the input method menu, it only affects what you type after you select it, and has no retroactive effect on previously entered text. To automate the conversion of text typed in U.S. (for example) to Unicode Greek or Hebrew, you'd need to write a script or macro (for which see my reply to your other question).

Thanks Helen and J.P.,

Found the green zoom button. Does the trick.

So, I don't think I'm up for writing a script. A possible workaround I discovered is to use "Find and Replace" in Pages. For example, Find b, Replace with β. Seems to work for fine for the letters, unfortunately doesn't work so well with breathing marks and accents.

Archived