within 1 word giving me within a verse

Douglas Fyfe

this seems like a pretty simple search:

מות <WITHIN 1 words> מות

ie, trying one way of showing intensification

but it's giving me hits where they are within the same verse, not next to each other.

see screen shot attached for three consecutive false hits.

is this a bug or am i searching wrongly?

cheers

mwt false hits.tiff

Edited by Douglas Fyfe

Adding <followed by> should do the trick.

מות <within 1 words> <followed by> מות

Mike

Edited by Mike Thigpen

Hey ya,

<WITHIN 1-1 WORDS> also works yielding 114 hits.

<WITHIN 1 WORDS> and <FOLLOWED BY> on their own each produce 300 hits with some hits which are not adjacent. For <FOLLOWED BY> this seems correct, but for WITHIN 1 it doesn't. And what the how the WITHIN 1 and FOLLOWED BY return on their own I don't follow why together they give the correct answer.

So is this a bug in the <WITHIN 1 words> implementation ? Or am I missing something ?

In case it matters my tests are on 10.4.2.1 on Mac.

Thx

D

There has always been an issue using the simple search tab to find multiple occurrences of the same word, and I suspect that is the issue here. We are refining this for a future rev. In the meantime, the Construct tab usually provides much more accurate results.

Thx Helen, I think I've been over some of this ground before but I didn't make the connection.

Thx
D

Thanks. I only tried this search after reading that the latest update meant using <and> for the same word would now work.

But I understand for this to trickle through the other commands (such as <within>)might take some time.