Verse changes when changing bible version

Jose Alonso

When I have the RVR60 spanish version on display and then decide to change the Bible version, the verse moves and gets me totally lost. This happens with bible when changing between spanish (RVR60 to LBLA) or from spanish to english This did not happen in previous versions.

I would also love to be able to write the name of the Bible book in spanish and not only in english. It is funny that with the RVR60 you have to write the book name in spanish or it does not work but with the spanish version LBLA you have to write the name of the book in english or it does not recognize it.

There should be a way to fix this so you can search all bible translations using book names in english or spanish. The same goes for Greek. You cannot search directly the greek text with spanish book names. Since I work in spanish it is really annoying to get so may error messages trying to search for a book of the Bible in english or spanish depending of the Bible version.

I would also encourage accordance to create the option to change the menus to spanish. This would open a huge potential market for this great software. I have many men that I am training here in South America that want to buy accordance but need the menus in Spanish.

Thanks for your help.

Hey Jose, it also happens in English.

I chose the ESVS as search Bible. Searched for Luke 1:1. Then I changed the Bible to the NASB95 and it jumped to Revelation 22:21.

Same thing happened when I switched from the KJVS to the NIV11S, it jumped from Luke 1:1 to Mark 16:13.

Check out the video. That is weird.

I agree with you that you should be able to search the LBLA using the Spanish name of the books.

I have already replied in the Spanish forum, but regarding the menus: if you use a Spanish OS, Accordance menus will display in Spanish. In fact, the whole program has been localized into Spanish.

Thanks Ruben. I would like to know if anyone experience the same thing using the English version.

Re: book names in LBLA. This Bible was released a long time ago, when the ability to search in Spanish was not implemented. Most, if not all, recent Spanish Bibles include this functionality now. I agree that it would be better to have LBLA search for Bible books in Spanish. It is not that difficult, so I'm hopeful that it will be looked at.

Does that happens on the LBLA with Strongs too?

Thanks, Daniel. I could not follow the timeline in relationship of what Accordance version was out at the time, but I am assuming that 10.3.3 was already out .so it is in the next update? Just to know that it wasn't suppose to be 10.3.3.

Thanks

Hey David,

That report in the other link was in the 10.2.x version - 10.2.1 or 2 I think initially. Then 10.2.3. Some of us could repro. it with ease, others had great difficulty. In any case Joel reported it had been fixed at the end of the thread. I believe that fix would have been 10.2.4 but I actually cannot remember. I cannot see it listed in the readme. I have not tested the issue since that time. Perhaps it has returned, perhaps its just a variant, perhaps its something new.

Thx

D

Then, unless there is other reasons why it may be happening, still not completely fixed because it is still happening in 10.3.3.

The basic history is that the bug came about in 10.2 and was resolved sometime during 10.2.x. A related bug was discovered in 10.3, fixed in 10.3.1, but due to their relation, broke the 10.2 fix! We've implemented a fix that handles all cases, which will be part of 10.3.4.

:blink: That problem should be making you guys dizzy!! lol

Glad to hear it will be fixed in the next update.

Thanks Joel