MT / LXX parallel Merge misbehaving...

Rikk

SInce the most recent upgrade of 10 to 10.1 my MT/LXX merge feature is misbehaving.

I used to have a saved session that had an LXX1 search pane open with MT/LXX parallel set to MERGE with LXX1 in order to find Hebrew equivalents. It worked fine until the most recent 10.1 release and now tells me that some words cannot be found in the MT/LXX parallel even though I can see them in LXX results list OR shows the wrong words.

E.g. if I search for aarōn in the LXX1 search, the MT/LXX merge shows all the parallels.

But if I search for agapē I'm told the words do not appear in the parallel, even though the LXX search window shows a string of hits.

If I change that to doulos then I get a VERY partial list of the hits for forms of dunamai. Or to agapaō, I get forms of phobeomai.

Does this mean that my MT/LXX file is corrupt?

Any suggestions??

Rikk

Hi Rikk,

It's actually unlikely that the module is corrupt. Could it be the same problem as this thread?

It seems 10.1 "broke" the Merge command and it's returning unexpected results. The fix (10.1.1) will be out next week. As Joel says, if you need the command before that, contact support and they will make a 10.0.5 available for you.

Sure does... and yes, 10.0.5 would be great. I'm right in the middle of an important bit for the Mark commentary.. so if it's not too much trouble. 10.0.5 would be brilliant...

OK, you can use this link to download the DMG for 10.0.5: www.accordancefiles1.com/products/Accordance_10.0.5_slim.dmg

Thank you! BTW please don't hear any note of dissatisfaction.. Accord is simply brilliant and I very much appreciate the extraordinary amount of hard work you folks do...

Hi Rikk,

speaking for myself, I heard no note of dissatisfaction :)