Sync inconsistent in parallel (view)

Fabian

Hello

I have made from the SBLGNT critical apparatus a User Bible. Another person from this forum, find it better to have as User Notes. So I make it with:

select - cmd + u - copy - paste - cmd + w and so on, over 2 days a User Note.

The problem now is that I find out that the User Bible which has not for every verse a Note, is not in Sync with normal Bibles. And the User Notes which I have made on this inconsistent User Bible are now also not in the right verse in normal Bibles.

I find out that Accordance make -- for missing verses but not everywhere and not enough. See pic. You can see that they start correct with Rev. 1:1 but in the end it is inconsistent and the user Notes are in Sync with the source but also not with normal Bibles.

For me Accordance must add -- in every missing verse.

So if one Bible has a 1:0 e.g. Matt. 1:0 Κατα Μαθθαιον and another Bible starts wit Matt. 1:1 Buch des Ursprungs... then It would be best if Accordance add in the Bible that has less verse a --. At the moment in this chapters then Bibles are on one verse displaced.

This comes also if one Bible has more verses like the Schlachter2K-LEM and the ELBER-LEM, then Accordance have to fill the missing verse with -- so Accordance will get no correction mails of missing verse in Bibles.

See:

1. pic Accordance starts good and make -- for missing verse, but at the bottom of this pic you can see that the inconsistent is beginning.

2. pic Accordance make -- but not everywhere and not enough.

3. pic you can see that the Notes from the SBLGNT critical apparatus is correct by the right verse, but while the User Bible is not in parallel with the normal Bible it's displaced.

4. pic you can see that the Note from Rev. 21:22 comes on Rev. 16:20 and that is in other Bibles too.

I use Mac OSX 10.9.4, Accordance 10.4.3.2 and I have sampled to delete the Moduls and reinstall, but with no better solution.

If Accordance programmer staff has any questions ,ask Ryan Mudge also, I have tell him the problem in more details.

Greetings

Fabian

post-32723-0-96069600-1409479415_thumb.png

post-32723-0-62048900-1409480039_thumb.png

post-32723-0-74497300-1409480102_thumb.png

post-32723-0-68374300-1409480142_thumb.png

• 1 month later...

Hello Joel

To answer your PM.

For me it is not that Accordance has to "Verse mapping is an extremely complicated thing that always requires specific fine-tuning by our text developers. We cannot try to automate the process for every different text's possible verse matching, sorry"

When I use Bibleserver.com and there are different Bibles in Parallel then, the ones who has less verse it is empty. I believe not that they have all text matching.

I believe the website does it.

Test:

Make a User Bible with only on verse. Like:

Matt. 1:1

Matt. 2:1

Matt. 3:5 wetowufowfowof

You'll see the verse 5 is in the correct place and Accordance fill the gaps with --

Absolutly brilliant. ( with Matt. 1:0 it was shifted)

But I have a text with ca. 70% than a full Bible and now Accordance has problems. Sometime it makes -- but not always and not enough.

For me here Accordance is not accurate enough or has a bug.

Now if I use Schlachter2K and the Elberfelder then Accordance does not fill the verse that the Elberfelder doesn't have with a -- but it hides the verse that the Schlachter has more.

Katastrophe

Accordance does here in the list from top to down less accurate and on the last kill what one has more.

For me it is not to adjust the text but Accordance, so that it fill accurate missing verses in the parallel with --.

And then it is also not a problem if a text has 1:0 and the other starts with 1:1.

I believe you understand my intension.

Greetings

Fabian

• 8 months later...

Hello Joel

How do I "fine-tuning" my User Bibles?

Greetings

Fabian

User Bibles do not currently support many of the features found in our texts, such as verse fine tuning, sorry.

Thanks

But I'm sure you understand that this would be a nice feature for german Bibles etc. 

Greetings

Fabian

• 4 weeks later...

Hello Joel

Thanks for add the http://www.accordancebible.com/store/details/?pid=ELBER05and the http://www.accordancebible.com/store/details/?pid=LUTH12, but they are not fine tuned. 

Even I missing the Strong's version of them with the Schlachter 51 with Strong's.

Greetings

Fabian