Accordance 9.6.6 closing immediately upon start

timothylfox

I'm running 9.6.6 on OSX 10.6.8. A few days ago, Accordance started closing immediately after opening. It bounces a few times in the dock, opens the library window (but nothing else) and closes about half a second later. I reinstalled Accordance (downloaded from the Acc site), fixed permissions, and restarted my computer. Any other ideas?

Tim

Not necessarily related but you should Certify the disc. You can do that in the disk utility. In my experience when the computer is misbehaving like that one possible explanation is that the hard drive is going bad. S.M.A.R.T. is a system the hard drive has that it helps you warn you of a HD going bad so you can take action before it does.

There is also a free utility called Onyx that I run once a week and it checks as well as optimize my MAC and will detect many issues.

Hope that helps and that you can get Accordance working soon.

This is probably simply a corrupt startup session. You can go to your user/Library/Preferences/Accordance Preferences
and remove this file.

Please note that if you are on Lion, to open the user/Library you will need to use the Go menu and press option in order to access that folder.

If Helen's suggestion does not work, you may have a corrupt highlights file. Try going to your Documents/Accordance Files/Highlights folder, and moving any items you find there elsewhere (to the desktop or other location), to see if that helps. But, try Helen's suggestion first!

Thanks all!

Helen's fix worked; and I'll definitely get the app recommended by David...this laptop is from mid 2006 and I've replaced the hard drive three times!