Dropbox sync corrupts Highlighter and prevents Accordance launching

Guntis

I highlighted Bible text in Accordance (hotel room with the so so WiFi connection) and suddenly Accordance crashed. Tried to relaunch, but unsuccessfully. Removed Studies.hlt file from the ~/Documents/Accordance Files/Highlighters and I could relaunch Accordance.

I attach corrupted highlighter and console log files.Archive.zip

• 2 weeks later...

I have experienced similar vexing issue since my upgrade to Accordance 10 this summer. I do rather elaborate highlighting of the DSSB text in parallel with MT and Accordance increasingly crashes, sometimes with the message

Memory error #-109 in procedure "OTChangeHandle"!

I use two machines, both of which sync with Dropbox and the crash has happened on more than one occasion on both. Once this happens, Accordance will not successfully reopen whether I choose to recover my last session or not. I normally can go to Library > Preferences > Accordance Preferences, rename the General file, and start over (requiring that I re-enter my name, affiliation, and start up preferences) AND, via Dropbox, choose an earlier version of my highlight file (meaning I will have lost some of the more recent highlights), but this does not always work (on one occasion on one of my computers Accordance would not start without crashing even though I had renamed the general file; I ended up reinstalling). The problem is that one or both computers are now rather regularly crashing while I highlight (once a day or so) so that I am somewhat afraid to use the program for fear of having to waste time re-highlighting and re-starting Accordance.

Hoping that you can soon resolve this troublesome issue,

Aaron

I have experienced similar issues with a highlighter file over the past several weeks. I'm going to unlink from Dropbox in an effort to prevent future crashes, at least for now.

John

• 2 weeks later...

Today again Dropbox synced highlighters in the background and Accordance for Mac crashed. Could not launch app anymore. Had to get highlighter file from the iPad (with the PhoneView.app) and replace corresponding files both in the Dropbox/Apps/Accordance/Highlights/ and ~/Accordance Files/Highlights/ folders. Here's that damaged highlighter file.

Studies.hlt.zip