"Tools" not working

danzac

Once I installed the latest update I am no longer able to amplify to OR even open a tool from the resource palette. I can open anything else (texts, Background, Language, and Search).

I get strange messages when I do try to amplify to a tool, see attached images. Notice in particular the second pop-up which mentions the GNT, which I don't even have open.

Attempting to simply open a tool immediately shuts down Accordance all together.

I have tried reinstalling as well as a restart—no change.

post-398-128613882095_thumb.png

post-398-128613883401_thumb.png

Thought I would mention that I just did a repair disk and a disk permission repair

Please contact me to screenshare so I can see what is happening.

I had this problem a couple of days ago. It was caused by extra search information in the more options fields when I linked multiple tools to a text via triple click. It was a change I made to a workspace. I eventually had to go back the the original workspace and add the changes I made again - making sure there was no search information in the extra fields.

Please contact me to screenshare so I can see what is happening.

I have a full day of classes tomorrow (which I'm preparing for right now), so I will email you tomorrow afternoon to try and screenshare.

Danny

In case any others have this issue, a screenshare with Helen revealed that the general settings had become corrupted. trashing those fixed the problem.

I am encountering this same issue. How do you trash the General Settings?

Thank!

Actually Joel just tracked down this bug. It only happens if your resource palette is set to text buttons, and you right-click to open a module which happens to be in a folder. It has nothing to do with corrupt settings. This may not get fixed immediatley, but is easy to avoid.

Actually Joel just tracked down this bug. It only happens if your resource palette is set to text buttons, and you right-click to open a module which happens to be in a folder. It has nothing to do with corrupt settings. This may not get fixed immediatley, but is easy to avoid.

I changed to icons and the problem disappeared. I do hope to see this fixed, even if not immediately, as I do prefer the text. Thank you very much for quick fix, though!

For those who may not know. The Resource Palette buttons can be changed from text to icons in Preferences (⌘,) within the Appearance menu.

• 2 weeks later...

I have just experienced a similar problem and it doesn't seem to be related to icon vs text in the resource palette. I did a search all tools for "created". In the search all window I clicked on a user tool "Dordrecht Confession of Faith". I received this error while using icons in the resource palette. Switching between text or icon has not relieved the problem. I'm able to open the same tool from the library and search it that way however this is tedious compared to search all.

Thanks, Tom Wagler

Archived