Photos of Bible Map Transparencies Needed

Timothy Jenney

I'm planning another retrospective podcast, comparing Accordance's Atlas with those Bible map transparencies of yesteryear. [i hated those things!]. I've long since thrown mine away.

Does anyone still have any—or photos of them in use? I'm in need of some good photos for the podcast. Please send them to me at drj@accordancebible.com.

Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...

In grad school, (studied for MS in Ed. Tech) we learned to MAKE the basic transparencies but you could also BUY the ones that were printed on a press in multi-colors. We also learned some good ways to use transparencies for teaching. (Things like don't look into the light, use a sheet of paper to disclose items in a list, etc.) But I found that being able to MARK on the transparency with a washable marker allowed me to be spontaneous in class to meet the demands of the students. With premade slides (either on transparencies or in software/projection) you have to either be omniscient and make a bunch of slides you might never use or flay your arms about in the air trying to get the students to follow what point you are making.

{I just flashed on a scene from the future where the teacher has access to a computer that generates the slides on the fly based on the thoughts of the teacher. Then the question is what kind of filter do you have to have to keep thoughts of the attractive student or the desire for a roast beef sandwich being displayed for all to see?}

I kind of like the old system for its pluses that I don't see being met with the electronic versions. However, I also appreciate the advantages of the modern electronic media and have learned to use them when I have access to them.

JAC

Rose has transparent overlays in recent atlases, but since Accordance sells Rose, maybe you want a different foil. :)

JAC,

There are a number of screen drawing programs that will allow you to draw over anything displayed on your computer. That includes anything in Accordance, even the Atlas.

If that's something you'd like to do, consider Ultimate Pen, Ink2Go or Dosari on the Mac. This podcast reviews those programs.

JAC,

There are a number of screen drawing programs that will allow you to draw over anything displayed on your computer. That includes anything in Accordance, even the Atlas.

If that's something you'd like to do, consider Ultimate Pen, Ink2Go or Dosari on the Mac. This podcast reviews those programs.

Just a little errata...

I think Tim means Doceri (not Dosari)

Oops, Ken is correct.

Just a conflation of one of my favorite sci-fi series with the app.

I did wonder - and funnily enough I was discussing a Dorsai reference yesterday. A very nice piece of SF.

Thx
D

• Like 1