Teaching with 8.1

Tom Childers

I downloaded the new 8.1 upgrade Saturday night and used it the next day in my Bible class. Even though I used 8.1 for just a few minutes before the class, I was amazed at how much smoother everything went. With little or no mention of the new features, it was obvious from the first day that 8.1 has some major improvements which will benefit the classroom setting. I look forward to seeing a list of all of the new enhancements. Congratulations and thanks to the Accordance Bible software team for an excellent upgrade.

Can you be more specific, Tom?

Sure. I was a little reluctant to do so earlier lest someone say, "Oh, I could that in 8.0." Here is one example. Set up a workspace with KJVS, GNT-T, and a commentary at the bottom. Then do a keyword search from the KJVS. A new tab will open with the search results. But what is different in 8.1, as I see it, the original workspace is reproduced with all the panes. Before 8.1, the new workspace or tab contained only the KJVS with the search results. I look forward to more documentation on the new features.

I Just tried it Tom, you're right! I love that feature, everything goes to the search, including GNT-T. By the way, I also want to thank the Accordance Team for all their efforts. After being a Logos user for years, just switched from PC in September, I am amazed at the effectiveness of Accordance. Keep it up!!!!

Walter

Archived