Syntax diagram misalignment

Λύχνις Δαν

Hi ya,

I ran into this misalignment in syntax looking at Jn 1:1. It turns out that depending upon where the text is positioned the syntax diagram can get out of alignment with its own text. The two images below show the issue.

Misaligned : post-32023-0-22340100-1389147447_thumb.jpeg

Aligned : post-32023-0-04671000-1389147464_thumb.jpeg

Note in the misaligned case that the syntax extends to 1:2. If you look closely at the diagram you'll see that all the categorization of the words is offset by 1 from where it should be. As you scroll through a result set the misalignment comes and goes.

Thx

D

Daniel: I am afraid you are right. It looks like scrolling through the chapter boundary offsets alignment by one element.

Thx Helen. I've just noted another aspect to this problem. The cross highlighting from the GNT28-T text pane to the syntax pane is off when the diagram text and diagram tree are aligned. When they are misaligned the cross highlighting works fine. So for example if I highlight ἀρχῇ in Jn 1:1, when the diagram looks correct this highlights the following ὁ, two words further on.

And the syntax tag info in the ID may be incorrect too. I'm not 100% sure how it should look as I've not really looked at it before but for example in Jn 1:1 you see this for the first ὁ :

ὁ ὁ Article masc sing nom the, who, which (Predicate)
--

But its actually a specifier not a Predicate. All of the syntax info in the ID seems to be off by some number of words. Diagram alignment does not appear to impact this. But the syntax info seems to accord with that represented in the misaligned diagram. So its seems related.

Thx

D

Edited by Daniel Semler

We'll be posting a fix for the GNT-28-T.syntax later today, and it should correct all these issues. Thanks for the heads up.

Many thanx for jumping on this one. Looking forward to the update.

Thx

D

Got the fix - looks good - once again many thanx

D