User Note only syncs from Desktop

Fr. Matthew Thurman

I've been messing with this most of the afternoon, but with no success. I set up a new user notes file on my iPad entitled (what else) "iPad Notes" after doing a fresh install of Accordance iOS 1.3.3. My first sync with my desktop (Accordance 9.5.1 running on OS X 10.6.8) set up the notes file in my desktop library. I had one initial note that I typed in on my iPad, which synced with the desktop file.

The problem is that all subsequent syncs will only transfer notes typed on the desktop to the iPad: revisions to the note done on the iPad do not sync with the desktop and revisions to the note done on the desktop overwrite the note file on the iPad.

Thoughts?

I've been messing with this most of the afternoon, but with no success. I set up a new user notes file on my iPad entitled (what else) "iPad Notes" after doing a fresh install of Accordance iOS 1.3.3. My first sync with my desktop (Accordance 9.5.1 running on OS X 10.6.8) set up the notes file in my desktop library. I had one initial note that I typed in on my iPad, which synced with the desktop file.

The problem is that all subsequent syncs will only transfer notes typed on the desktop to the iPad: revisions to the note done on the iPad do not sync with the desktop and revisions to the note done on the desktop overwrite the note file on the iPad.

Thoughts?

Maybe it will help to explain how our 'sync' works. It is not a 'merge'. It checks for the most recent time/date stamp and syncs that file to either Mac or iOS. So, if you create a note on the iPad, sync to desktop, edit on desktop, sync again, it should sync that back to iPad (and vice versa). If you edit the same note on both Mac/iOS the next time you sync it will present you with a choice of which file to keep.

If the issue you're having seems like it should work based on the above description but is not, let us know and we can troubleshoot it further.

HTH

Maybe it will help to explain how our 'sync' works. It is not a 'merge'. It checks for the most recent time/date stamp and syncs that file to either Mac or iOS. So, if you create a note on the iPad, sync to desktop, edit on desktop, sync again, it should sync that back to iPad (and vice versa). If you edit the same note on both Mac/iOS the next time you sync it will present you with a choice of which file to keep.

If the issue you're having seems like it should work based on the above description but is not, let us know and we can troubleshoot it further.

HTH

Well, I worked with syncing individual notes files with my iPad and found that it was getting hung up on the "Sample Notes" file. I deleted it, then tried the sync a few times. Now things go back and forth between my desktop and iPad in my "iPad Notes" file without a hitch. Just needed to do a little more fiddling.

My big concern was being able to take notes remotely on my iPad and ultimately incorporate them into my desktop files. One there is formatting on the iPad, I'll just sync directly.

Well, I worked with syncing individual notes files with my iPad and found that it was getting hung up on the "Sample Notes" file. I deleted it, then tried the sync a few times. Now things go back and forth between my desktop and iPad in my "iPad Notes" file without a hitch. Just needed to do a little more fiddling.

My big concern was being able to take notes remotely on my iPad and ultimately incorporate them into my desktop files. One there is formatting on the iPad, I'll just sync directly.

Did you ever add anything to the Sample Notes file on your iPad? What about on your Mac? Regardless it should not hang like that. I'm going to try to repeat your workflow when I get a chance to see if I can reproduce the issue.

Scott.

Archived