Tips: Dropbox Syncing User Documents for Accordance on Windows

Martin Z

One of the forthcoming features for Accordance for Windows is the Dropbox sync, which means it is not available at this moment. I almost lost many hours of work due to this shortage. (I replaced my HDD with a SSD and ran too fast to uninstall Accordance on the HDD before copying the user notes to the SSD. Thankfully, after hours of work, a data recovery software helped me retrieve the file.)

I usually avoid saving data in the system partition because I don’t always remember to make a backup before I reinstall operation system. Therefore I realize that I really need some way to backup the user documents (user highlights/notes/tools) automatically, since accordance does not allow the user to change the location for user documents.

Here is where the Dropbox Folder Sync addon comes handy. It allows us to sync any folder on our computer.

Here are the steps:

1. Follow this link. Download and install the software.
  2. Go to C:\Users\your username\Documents on your computer (this is where the user created documents locate). Right click the Accordance Files folder, and click Dropbox folder sync Sync with Dropbox
  3. Done! You will see the folder shows up in your Dropbox sync folder.

PS: As it is explained on the download webpage: “It actually works by moving the folder into Dropbox and then putting a symlink in its place.”