Chronological Readings - wrong linking

JayDee

Theres a wrong link in the chronological readings module (V1.2)

April 7: Judges 21:1-25; 1 Chronicles 6:4b-15; Ruth 1:1-2:23

1 Chronicles 6:4b-15 links to 1 Chronicles 5:30-41.

Thanks for the report JayDee. In the future, be sure to use Report a Correction from the right-click or Help menu, and we will include the fixes in the next module update.

Edit: Actually mine looks ok - are you sure you have all of your modules up to date?

its version 1.2 from 2011. I forgot about that direct report.. i was reading on iOS that day. easy install says everything is up to date.

Hmm, I have version 1.2 as well. What text are you trying to display the results in?

normally i use Luth-Lem (also used in instant details) - i checked it with esvs also.

EDIT: Yes its because I use Luth-Lem. I changed it to ESVS (in settings hypertext) and the link is okay..

Hmm so I need to report that bug to Luth-Lem Text.. and linking?

Edited by JayDee

Just checked for ALL german bibles ... everyone has this bug.

Theres only one which doesn't have this issue: Schlachter.

I believe this is actually working correctly. Due to the different versification of the German texts, 1 Chronicles 6:4b-15 does match to 1 Chronicles 5:30-41. If you look at the contents of the verses (Eleazar fathered Phinehas vs. Eleasar zeugte Pinhas) they match right up. Accordance is simply taking into account the fact that the Tool notated the references with a particular versification standard, but your text of choice uses a different one.

You´re right, Joel. I wasn't aware that there are different versification standards. So never checked for the content...

I looked into it and found out that the old luther texts until the 19th century have an old versification standard which all english bible follow. Fantastic that Accordance solved this issue so elegant.

Sry for bothering you.. never heard about it in europe until today.

Ty!