No English Translation for BHS or GNT-T

Scott Moore

I just got a new iphone4 and after backing it up (from my former iphone4) my lexical definitions are not showing up. when i hold finger on the word, the black box appears and shows the greek/hebrew word, parsing information, but NO english definition.

HELP!

I just got a new iphone4 and after backing it up (from my former iphone4) my lexical definitions are not showing up. when i hold finger on the word, the black box appears and shows the greek/hebrew word, parsing information, but NO english definition.

HELP!

So I'm going to need a couple of things to figure out what's going on here. I assume you're running the latest release (v1.2)? And after you restored Accordance for iOS to your new iPhone4, did you check the instant details info on the demo versions of GNT-T and BHS-W4 first? Did you use Easy Install or syncing with the desktop to restore your modules back onto the phone?

And if you could take a screenshot with the broken instant details showing and post it here, that would also be very helpful.

Thanks in advance,

Scott.

Scott,

I am running the latest version - I downloaded the app about 2 weeks ago. I did not check the details on the Demo versions (and I deleted them and cannot seem to get them back). I used easy install to restore the modules.

I attached the pic of the screen.

THanks!

So I'm going to need a couple of things to figure out what's going on here. I assume you're running the latest release (v1.2)? And after you restored Accordance for iOS to your new iPhone4, did you check the instant details info on the demo versions of GNT-T and BHS-W4 first? Did you use Easy Install or syncing with the desktop to restore your modules back onto the phone?

And if you could take a screenshot with the broken instant details showing and post it here, that would also be very helpful.

Thanks in advance,

Scott.

post-29282-077417200 1309888774_thumb.png

Scott,

Thanks for the additional information and the screenshot. We've only had one other report of this happening but we don't have any information if that user also did a backup and restore.

I'm assuming a restart of your iOS device did not fix it, nor did syncing with Accordance for Mac (if you are an Accordance Mac user). Now I did fix a potential issue with the built in root and word files that would certainly explain or exacerbate this issue. The fix is in v.1.3 which is currently undergoing beta testing and we hope to submit to Apple next week. Until that time you really only have 2 (admittedly poor) choices:

Live with it until v1.3 is released and see if that fixes it, or

Remove it from your iOS device and install it from scratch.

Sorry I don't have better news or workarounds at this point,

Scott.

I am having the same problem with my iPad 2 and iPhone 4 installations of Accordance. The grammatical data appears, but no definition of the term.

Archived