Installing of Essential Collection

Laisvunas

Hi,

Essential collection is being listed on "My Products" page and it is not marked by "Pending transaction" flag, but I cannot install it. "Check for updates" functionality does not find this collection.

What should be done to install it?

Thanks.

"Check for updates" looks for new versions of resources that are already installed. If you're installing new resources, use Easy Install. You should find your new collection there.

Hi Jonathan,

Thanks for your answer.

I tried Easy Install and Check For Updates and Check For App Update. Neither of them finds Essential collection.

Since any of these options does not find Essential collection, and it is not possible to download it fro My Products page, I'm totally confused, how it could be installed.

Edited by Laisvunas

I'm sorry you're having trouble but I dont know what's wrong. Someone from Accordance will have to chime in.

As long as the order is "Pending" you cannot download the items. This means that your card has not yet been charged, either because the staff haven't got to it yet, or because there is a question that needs an answer. In this case the order was processed a few hours ago, and I suspect that you are happily downloading it.

• Like 1

On, more thing. "Pending" might not be stated on the accordance website (in one's account), but if one checks their credit card/debit card transactions online they may indeed notice a "Pending" message as been attached where a date of transaction should be for a while. After, a date of transaction has been placed and "Pending" had been removed one should then be able to use easy install.

Here's what one Bank say about Pending Transactions:

spacer.gif

Pending Transactions

The Date column on your Account Activity page shows pending transactions that have not yet posted to your account (reflected with a date of "Pending"), as well as items that have been posted (reflected with the post date, e.g., 07/11/2011). To understand the difference between the two, it's helpful to review the posting process.

When you use a debit card to pay a merchant, or you initiate a deposit, withdrawal or transfer to your account, you authorize the transaction amount. These transactions will not be posted to your account until the bank receives and processes them.

For most merchant transactions, the merchant knows the exact amount of the transaction and asks you to authorize that amount. For example, if you buy $82.75 worth of groceries, the market would ask you to authorize an $82.75 charge or debit to your account. That amount would then appear as a pending transaction on your Account Summary until it was posted.

Sometimes, though, the merchant doesn't know the transaction amount until after the purchase is complete. A good example of this is at the gas pump. Before you fill your tank, you're asked to swipe your debit card to approve your purchase. A $1 charge may be placed on your account temporarily until it's replaced with the actual purchase amount. For example, if your gasoline purchase is $22.50, then that amount will be paid to the merchant and posted to your account. However, you may see a $1 charge in the pending transaction section of your My Accounts page for 1 to 3 days until the merchant submits the actual amount of your purchase. You should always immediately deduct the actual purchase amount from your balance, even though it could take a few days for the money to be taken out of your account.

(Warring: The following is my opinion)

Now, this I think applies to the case spoken of on this thread, because if one is upgrading to a new collection/bundle one's order maybe check against what one already has licenses for in Accordance to make sure one is not charged twice for an item that is part of the collection line up. In a world of automatic transactions this is refreshing to see that accounts and orders are handle one on one and by hand.

This is not exactly true. A "Pending" purchase on our website has not yet been charged to the account. Once it is charged, the purchase is available to you, but at that point it is "pending" on your card. Transactions "settle" each evening, at which point the card is actually charged. If, however, we do void the charge before it settles, it may remain "pending" on the card until the bank decides we are not going to go through with it, usually a few days.

So, in summary, the bank record does not immediately reflect the status on our account.

Thank you for the added clarification!

I found the following particularly helpful:

... Once it is charged, the purchase is available to you, but at that point it is "pending" on your card...

Edited by bkMitchell