"Sample Tool" error

danielcutri

Since I've updated yersterday to the version 10.0.3 every 10 seconds appears a sign (windows) saying: "The Sample Tool text is not actually in Accordance"

I've tried erasing it, but it still happen.

It has generated a new one.

I can open "Sample tools" perfectly, so it is, it works.

Even with that "sample tools" panel opened, the sign is still coming

It's imposible to works like this. Every 5 or 10 seconds happens. And I must dismiss pressing ok, if not I can't go on !

MacBook Pro Intel (13-inch, Mid 2012)

OSX 10.10.1

Edited by danielcutri

You say you tried erasing Sample Tools. how did you go about doing so?

If you close all your workspaces, and start fresh with new ones, does this still happen? (I'm wondering if one of your workspaces is referencing Sample Tools)

Lorinda

I have exactly the same problem. Every few seconds I alternate between two different messages "The text "Sample Tool" is not currently available to Accordance." and "The text "Bird's Eye Workbook" is not currently available to Accordance.". And just like danielcutri said, you must click on the ok button to be able to go on. It has only happened since 11.0.3 update which I put on today.

Well, I really don't know what exactly I did, but since last night doesn't happened.

First of all, the close of all windows and fresh start that Lorinda says, didn't work

And not only that. Just with the Accordance program opened and no windows at all, still happening.

What I've done is this (but I repeat, I did a lot of things and I don't know if it was this)

Close all workspaces

Quit Accordance

Delete the "sample tool" file (Documents/Accordance Files/User Tools)

Open Accordance

Delete the "sample tool" from the Library of Accordance

Quit Acoordance

Open it again

Then I started opening my saved workspaces and I worked so far

Daniel

Edited by danielcutri

I tried this numerous times, with no success. Each time I reopen Accordance, the errors continue, and the files reappear in Documents. Furthermore, I am unable to remove tools from within Accordance. When the dialog comes up asking me if I want to move the file to the trash or keep it, after I select move to trash, nothing happens.

Well, I really don't know what exactly I did, but since last night doesn't happened.

First of all, the close of all windows and fresh start that Lorinda says, didn't work

And not only that. Just with the Accordance program opened and no windows at all, still happening.

What I've done is this (but I repeat, I did a lot of things and I don't know if it was this)

Close all workspaces

Quit Accordance

Delete the "sample tool" file (Documents/Accordance Files/User Tools)

Open Accordance

Delete the "sample tool" from the Library of Accordance

Quit Acoordance

Open it again

Then I started opening my saved workspaces and I worked so far

Daniel

Fixed it. I needed to go into Dropbox/apps/accordance/tools and delete the file there too.

Thank you Pastor Esget, that fixed it for me too!

I did what Pastor Esget suggested and it fixed my problem. Thank you - I was going crazy acknowledging popups for a couple of days.

Does the problem reoccur if I re-download the modules I deleted (I had to delete both sample tools and bird's eye workbook) or am I safe to re-download them?

Thanks again

I really don't know, my only problem was sample tool and I didn't downloaded again, and it's in my library. I don't know haw... but all works now

I had the same problem for a while, but one of the recent updates seemed to have fixed it.

• 3 weeks later...

This was driving me crazy after the most recent update. I had to delete the file in Dropbox and also manually delete it from my Documents folder for Accordance. Thanks for the instructions.