UTB & NIBC

Julia Falling

Are these two completely identical, just with different names, or were there changes NIBC —>UTB? If completely identical, can I delete one without being prompted to reinstall?

Thanks!

My understanding is that they're identical. I deleted NIBC and just use UTB. NIBC does continue to appear show in Easy Install, though.

Julie,

These products are the same product. The new UTB is simply a re-branding of the older NIBC by the new publisher. You can certainly remove one of them, but I believe it will continue to show up for re-installation.

Julie

Rather than being nagged about reinstallation, I could stick NIBC in a folder out of the way. Thanks for your responses, Jonathan & Julie

I don't know if this would have any negative side effects (e.g., for future upgrades, etc.), but maybe you could ask the fine folks at sales to take NIBC out of your account altogether? You know, if you needed the extra 10MB or whatever it is of space on your hard drive. :)

I have opted for the nagging! I have lots of room on my drive, but don't like a lot of unnecessary clutter. Not a big deal. Thanks for the suggestion, Abram. Hope you're having a great summer with your family.