Bookmarks on iOS need a minimum length

Bob Kuo

Having just received an email telling me about bookmarks on iOS, I added one to Grudem's Systematic Theology that I am currently reading through. I made a bookmark on one of the section headings and when I go to Library -> My Bookmarks all I see is "C." The bookmarks probably by default grab just the first sentence - but can we make sure they have a minmum length?

post-30269-0-83304900-1369772394_thumb.png

Bob, are you running 1.6.5?

I tried to replicate this using Wallace's Greek grammar and got the entire title of the work, rather than simply the letter of the particular section. I suspect that isn't ideal either, but it is very different from what you are reporting.

Yup, I'm running 1.6.5. I'm in Grudem -> Part 3 The Doctrine of Man -> Chapter 22 Man as Male and Female -> Explanation and Scriptural Basis -> C. Differences in Roles.

When I highlight the "C" and hit bookmark I get a bookmark with "C". When I highlighted "Differences" and hit bookmark I get a bookmark with "Differences in Roles". I suspect it's just grabbing the first sentence and it's interpreting "C." as a sentence rather than as part of the outline.

Yup, I'm running 1.6.5. I'm in Grudem -> Part 3 The Doctrine of Man -> Chapter 22 Man as Male and Female -> Explanation and Scriptural Basis -> C. Differences in Roles.

When I highlight the "C" and hit bookmark I get a bookmark with "C". When I highlighted "Differences" and hit bookmark I get a bookmark with "Differences in Roles". I suspect it's just grabbing the first sentence and it's interpreting "C." as a sentence rather than as part of the outline.

Your analysis is correct. It is treating the C. as a sentence.

We hope to better address this as part of the arbitrary text selection feature.