Dictionary tie-in?

David Garrison

I don't know if the sandboxing nature of iOS prevents this, but I'm wondering if it would be possible to add a "Define" feature to the tap-and-hold option list? I'm reading Beveridge's translation of Calvin's Institutes, and he is constantly using words I've never heard of (and many I don't even think are actually words). One of the things I love about the Kindle and iBooks versions is the ability to look up a word as I'm reading. Although, I think I had to download a dictionary to the Kindle app.

Hopefully something y'all can think about for the future.

It is certainly possible to use the built-in iOS dictionary to look up definitions. It's an option being considered for a future version.

Don't know if this will help or not but if you have Websters Dictionary in your Accordance Library you could put that to the top of your English Tools on your device and then amplify to it. Usually you would have a bible dictionary at the top of the list so you may need to change it back after reading the institutes for any other study you do but it may help for the time being.

Thanks, Scott.

Steve, that's a good idea. I don't have that module, but might consider getting it.