Changing module categories

gplawhorn

I was organizing my library this morning, and found that I would like to have more flexibility in arranging modules. For instance, "Burton's NT Greek Moods & Tenses" is in the "General Tools" category, but would make more sense (to me, at least) in the "Greek Tools" category.

I realize that at this point there isn't a way to reassign categories for this purpose, but it would be nice to be able to arrange one's library according to preference and usage.

Thanks for a fantastic product! I use Accordance more than any other program on my computer.

Blessings,

Greg Lawhorn

This is a recurring request, and part of it has to do with the potential ambiguity on defining Greek Tools. In Accordance, English, Greek and Hebrew Tools are defined as those arranged in English, Greek or Hebrew alphabetic order. This distinction is used throughout the app to group resources in zones, amplify from texts to tools, etc. So, it isn't as easy as allowing one to drag it from one category to another.

My recommendation is to create a subfolder in General Tools for "Greek Resources" or grammars, etc. This allows you to be more specific than just saying General, yet doesn't alter the inherent structure in Accordance.

I hope this helps…

Another option is to put all resources (of any category) together in a User Group, which can then easily be found, searched, and reorganized. So, you could have a "Greek Studies" group that contains NA28-T, BDAG, and Burton's Greek all together.

• 6 years later...

This is a recurring request since *before 2013* and you still haven't made it possible for users to organize their own modules???

I just purchased and downloaded Desert Fathers English and Desert Fathers Greek, and they were automatically assigned to the "Texts" category, i guess because the one contains a Greek "text". Those come with another module called Desert Fathers Notes, but this was automatically assigned somewhere else ("Writings", i think). Already that makes no sense; keep the notes with their text, and vice versa.

But since I also purchased the Patristics Greek Reader and the "Popular Patristics" series (5 vols), and because i already own the Ancient Christian Commentaries series, Josephus, Philo, and the Apostolic Fathers, I found it convenient to create a folder called "Patristics", and to move all patristics-related material there, including Josephus and Philo, at least for now. I could easily move the ACC, Popular Patristics (5 vols), Desert Fathers Notes, Josephus Notes, and Philo Notes into this category— but NOT Desert Fathers English and Desert Fathers Greek, NOT the Apostolic Fathers, and NOT Josephus and Philo !!!— those must apparently remain orphaned (even from their own notes !!) in the Texts section.

C'mon now, how dumb and counter-intuitive is that???

Please allow users to completely control the organization of their own folders and module categories. You may think Josephus, Philo, the Apostolic Fathers, and the Desert Fathers are "Texts", but for me, i want to think of "Texts" only as biblical, and it does not make sense to mix any patristics or extra-testamental Jewish sources with those.

Clutter is in the mind of the beholder. Your mandatory default organization of MY desktop in fact creates nothing but CLUTTER AND NOISE !!

John 

Which Accordance version do you use?

Greetings

Fabian

• Like 1

John:

Texts and Tools appear in very different tabs, and use very different underlying programming to enable their special features. However, within those two categories you can organize them as you want. So you ca have folders under Texts for extra-biblical texts, etc.

You can also combine texts and tools into a user group  (My Group) such as Patristics, and access them there individually or all together.

I hope this helps.

• Like 1