Accordance 7 - can't open if the first in Modules : Texts is folder

Guntis

I opened "Arrange Modules", opened "Texts" tree and created folder "English", then moved all English translations in and moved this folder to the top of the "Texts" tree. After restarting Accordance 7, I got an error message asking "Where is the file for the "English" text?", and because I couldn't find it, Accordance opened another workspace, which, when I tried to close "NIV-G/K 2" tab, crashed, because next in line was Harmony tab. Trying to open Harmony tab also crashes Accordance.

When I opened "Arrange Modules" again, opened "Texts" tree and moved "KJVS" out of the "English" folder, and placed it above this folder, closed Accordance, reopened ... no problems! So this is somehow related to the folder being the first in the "Texts" tree. Can you fix it?

OK, I just saw your response to Ron Webber's query, so it must be something else.

OK, I just saw your response to Ron Webber's query, so it must be something else.

No, unfortunately it doesn't help... The only remedy is to move any text out of the folder and place on top of it. And that text shouldn't even be the default search text, any text above the folder will do the trick.

My first item in texts is a folder I call "Apocrypha." I have no errors when Accordance opens or when it runs. The only texts not in folders are the Latin Vulgate and VULG2. I'm not sure this is related to the texts being in folders since I have no issues with it and that's how mine is set up.

Archived