10.4 Crash

Julia Falling

Hey –

I was just doing some reading and Accordance hung. I went to Finder > Force Quit and Accordance was red. So I forced it to quit and decided to reboot – it had been a while. Now Accordance won't start at all – not from the Dock, and not with a double-click from the Applications folder. Suggestions?

I'll reinstall if necessary.

Update: I reinstalled 10.4. It still won't open. Something has become corrupted. I need to trash something.

Edited by Julie Falling

Try trashing the Startup session (~/Library/Preferences/Accordance Preferences)

Lorinda – Thanks for the reply. That would have been the best place to start, and I'll do that next time.

I went ahead and pulled the Accordance Files out of my Documents folder and onto the Desktop. Did the same for the Accordance folder in Application Support. Then I reinstalled (took only a couple of minutes), dropped my modules and a bunch of the other things back where they belonged . . . When Dropbox synced, I got uncorrupted prefs and User stuff back and all is well.

Just trashing the Start-Up would have been quicker!

In all this I found myself very grateful for Dropbox, and the knowledge that TimeMachine was up and running. I knew I'd be able to get my stuff back one way or the other. Thanks go to the Accordance Team for well designed software, and to Apple for well-designed machines, OS, & back-up system. And thanks to this forum for all the helpful and knowledgeable folks!

I've crashed again. Accordance bounces in the dock, then stops. No window will open. I tried opening one of the Accordance 10 windows that was downloaded with the app. Those won't open, either.

All I was doing was reading. I opened the Highlights window and tried to change files. That was when Accordance crashed. Help! I do not have a Start-up Session in my Preferences.

Update – Since the crash occurred when I tried to open a Highlight file, I used TimeMachine to restore. Now everything is working again.

There's got to be an underlying issue here. I've had more crash problems in the last week than I've ever had, even when beta testing. Just a heads-up.

Edited by Julie Falling

Julie, do you mind zipping and posting your highlight file here?

Joel –

Sorry I didn't see this sooner and get the file to you. At this point, it's corrupted again. Accordance won't open with this highlight file in my folder. Thank you for looking into this!

Highlights.zip

And here is the error message I'm getting.

post-330-0-37681000-1395253194_thumb.jpg

I'm going to use TimeMachine to recover my Highlights, so I'll be OK, but I'd be in a mess without TimeMachine.

Edited by Julie Falling

I had a problem with a highlights file fairly recently. It kept getting corrupted even when I restored a non-corrupted version from time-machine. Eventually I turned off automatic syncing with dropbox and I have not had the problem since. However now I have to remember to sync.