Parallels module

Ken Han

This concerns the Parallels module, not parallel texts added via Add Parallel.

I would love to be able to display my user notes when in Parallels module. For example, when I open the Parallels module for Gospels, and choose, for example, #20 "The Temptation" it would be very convenient to see my user notes for Matt 4:1ff, Mark 1:12ff, Luke 4:1ff at the same time. Sure, I can manually type the three passages into a new search pane, and look at my notes sequentially, first for Matthew, Mark, and then Luke. I know I can also set up three zones, each having the respective passages and related notes. But there's something to be said for the ease of seeing notes side by side taken on parallel passages from the Parallels module.

• 5 weeks later...

How would Accordance know which parallel passage to display the notes for? I suppose one could add the notes instead of the added text, notes for each pericope under the pane showing that pericope, but then you could not show the original and a translation.

Yes, that's what I had in mind, to display the related notes for each column of pericope. And I agree that I would miss not seeing the second text. Perhaps a toggle switch can be added to switch back and forth between the second text and notes?

I would like to see a module that has the texts of Samuel/Kings in parallel with Chronicles and in which the differences in the texts are highlighted....

Highlighting of differences between parallel pericopes has often been requested but would be rather difficult to implement.