Different behaviour needed for the library window

syoung

Hi,

When the accordance workspace window is selected from the "All windows" expose function, why doesn't the library window come into focus?

If I click on the accordance icon in the dock, then it comes into focus with the workspace window and the resource palette. However, from the expose function,

it doesn't come into focus. Can this behaviour be changed, please?

Thanks,

Stephen

Something similar has been asked before, and the response was that this is a feature of OSX. In Acc. the Library is treated as a separate window and not a palette. A way around experiencing what you've described is to use the command-tab feature to switch between apps, or continue with the 'all windows' and use command-0 to show all in Accordance.

Something similar has been asked before, and the response was that this is a feature of OSX. In Acc. the Library is treated as a separate window and not a palette. A way around experiencing what you've described is to use the command-tab feature to switch between apps, or continue with the 'all windows' and use command-0 to show all in Accordance.

Thanks rick. I'll use the command-0...that's a good workaround.

However, why can't the library window be made a palette? When I was watching the demo for acc v. 8, I saw the library window next to the accordance workspace and naturally thought that the library window could sit next to my main workspace like the resource palette. However, that is not how it works... maybe in a future version it could be made a palette and/or make a preference that can switch it between a window/palette. This would make it a lot more useful as it would come into focus with the rest of the program like a palette.

Anyway, I'll leave it at that.

Thanks anyway,

Stephen

There are some limitations as to what you can do in a palette. This is a pretty complex window now with the Find features and the ability to arrange the items, add folder, etc. I am not sure that it can be converted to a floating window or palette.

There are some limitations as to what you can do in a palette. This is a pretty complex window now with the Find features and the ability to arrange the items, add folder, etc. I am not sure that it can be converted to a floating window or palette.

Understood.

Then maybe you could bring the library window into focus, when the accordance workspace comes into focus.

So in other words, when the user causes the accordance workspace to come into focus, the accordance OnFocus function then calls the library window to focus.

Just an idea.

Keep up the good work.

Archived