Interlinear Is Not Working for me

Enoch

I was trying to see if there were a Spanish interlinear function (e.g.,

El Nuevo Testamento Interlineal Griego-Español (Greek-Spanish Interlinear New Testament)
But in the library search, neither interlinear nor interlineal gives any results.
So I tried to activate the interlinear, which I have done before with no trouble (not with latest Accordance version though). But I found I could not even get English to word. I could find no way to get the English gloss under the Greek words. I kept erasing the functions I did not want to see (like lemma), only to find every time I returned they were again active. But I never could get an English gloss under the Greek words, and I found no help in Accordance help. I found the icon, but when I marked "just translation," I got nothing under the Greek words but blackness. (I run green on black, except in Instant Details where I cannot get rid of the glaring white background.)

Hi Enoch,

I might be misunderstanding exactly what you are asking. If so let me know.

The dynamic interlinear requires a tagged text : file:///Applications/Accordance.app/Contents/Resources/Accordance%20Help/Default.htm#topics/04_gswa/dynamic_interlinear_display.htm?Highlight=interlinear. I can get Greek interlinear with the the RSVS :

Reina-Valera 1909 con Strong (Spanish)
Santa Biblia, Reina-Valera Revisión de 1909 con números de Strong (RVR09S)
Public Domain
Formatted and corrected by OakTree Software, Inc.
Strong’s Numbers tagging by Rubén Gómez ©2011
Version 1.1

but my Spanish is so poor its a good thing I have the Greek :) which is so poor I'm glad of the English.

post-32023-0-05092900-1397100049_thumb.jpg

Is this basically what you are looking for ?

thx

D

thanks for the response, Daniel, and for telling me that Reina-Valera is available as an interlinear -- I noticed it in the menu after you pointed it out.

But i can't get any translation to show. Every time I click on a translation module, KJVS, ESVS, RVR09S, or Joe Nameth; no translation appears, though whenever I add another translation, I get a wider black space between lines of Greek text. I can get lemma and transliterations, but no English translation & no Spanish translation. Just a blank black space where the translation should go. In short, I cannot get any interlinear translation.

As I said, So I tried to activate the interlinear, which I have done before with no trouble (not with latest Accordance version though). But I found I could not even get English to word. I could find no way to get the English gloss under the Greek words. I kept erasing the functions I did not want to see (like lemma), only to find every time I returned they were again active. But I never could get an English gloss under the Greek words, and I found no help in Accordance help. I found the icon, but when I marked "just translation," I got nothing under the Greek words but blackness.

POSTSCRIPT, Oh No!

I discovered that apparently the reason why I don't see the translation is that it displays in black! This must be a bug in the latest Accordance version!

post-18148-0-20547800-1397102573_thumb.png

Edited by Enoch

Let me see if I can get a screen shot to post as such.

Nope, "An error occured. You are not allowed to use that image extension on this community."

I did the shift-command-control-4 and then tried to paste, but got the error message. I thought I had learned how to do it, but it didn't work again. However, I was able to attach it above, though it displayed as a thumbnail to click on.

I will try again. This is a png shot:

But when I copied and pasted, I got only a reference to where the file is on my computer, no foto here.
Try again, same result (my name replaced with "me")
file:///Users/me/Desktop/Screen%20Shot%202014-04-09%20at%2022.49.07.png
neither does it work if one puts IMG & /IMG in brackets before and after it.
Edited by Enoch

Hey Enoch, silly question. Is this just that you have the text pane display setup in such a way that the gloss is showing up black on black ? Try going to Set Text Pane Display and picking say the Default theme for a quick test.

thx

D

You are correct Daniel. Accordance is malfunctioning now, displaying certain elements of the interlinear only in black colored font, ignoring the general color theme. So if your background is (eye-resting) black, you don't see those elements. So until Accordance fixes this glitch, to use interlinear I will need to be changing theme for the purpose -- or use an older version of Accordance, which I left in one of my computers.