Recommend Word Processor for New Mac Accordance User

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am dedicating this machine to Accordance and to Bible study. So I need to hear from veteran users what they consider the finest word processor, especially for Greek and Hebrew texts. It also needs to be somewhat Microsoft (can I use that word on this forum?) compatible (i.e. files which can be read by MSWord - my laptop is PC). I have heard of Word for Mac, Mellel, and Note Bene. What suggestions can you give me.

I know that Mellel is probably a better word processor for Hebrew et al....but, just to put forth another name besides Word, Mellel and Nisus, I would recommend Mariner Write. I have to say that I like it very much. It is very intuitive and seems to handle any imported text from Accordance very well. They have a demo at http://www.marinersoftware.com/sitepage.php?page=12. It is a very fast, small footprint, economical word processor with good support. Give it a try.

pr dave speers

dspeers@altamont.net

Hi

I am not an original language user. I can barely distinguish an Aleph from an Alpha. HOWEVER, even I would recommend Mellel, hands down. Some considerations

1. Inexpensive

2. Even I can tell that it does a better job with Hebrew. My pastor's son is going to seminary, and I was helping to get a G5 iMAC ready for him just a few months ago.

Admittedly, all the programs will render a phrase such as DAY of the LORD as y

Absolutely ... Mellel ... hands down the best choice.

Ron

Archived