New American Commentary

Helen Brown

If you have used this commentary in print and/or in Accordance, please review it for others' benefit, and give the module an overall rating in the top right corner by Rate Topic.

• 1 year later...

For the most part this is an excellent set focused on the Pastor but can be used in scholarly work or by advanced lay people too. A few of the volumes are less than stellar (Romas was a disappointment) and they are still missing a couple of volumes. I have taught verse by verse through Acts, Galatians, Ephesians, Philippians, Colossians and James using those volumes. I have used Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus extensively. I also have used most of the minor prophets for a few sermons/bible studies here and there. I've never been disappointed (except for Romans) in the content.

The focus is biblical and conservative in content. They use the NIV unfortunately. I wish they would update the whole series using the HCSB, since they also publish that translation. But I guess that would be a major effort.

Thanks, Kevin, but you can now post your Review directly on the product page. Please do so and it will help many more potential users.

Archived