NA27 Appar. Missing "IV. NOTES IN THE OUTER AND INNER MARGINS"?

John F. Hart

Can anyone confirm that the NA27 Apparatus Introduction is missing "IV. NOTES IN THE OUTER AND INNER MARGINS" (pages 76*-79* in the printed version). All I can see is that after the section of "4. Apostolic Fathers," my module jumps right to "V. THE APPENDICES." Am I missing something?

Those portions of the Introduction and their corresponding content in the actual resource were not provided to us by the publisher, and as far as I know there are no plans to add it now that the NA28 is in print (and under development for Accordance). We are still waiting to see if that same content (notes for Inner and Outer margins) will be provided for the NA28.

I'm curious about this, though as it is a publisher's issue, perhaps Accordance isn't able to say. Why would a publisher provide most but not all of a resource? I know the GBS is traditionally pretty protective of its material (not saying I fault them for that), but it's not as if they published their own digital edition of the NA27, right? It's too bad they didn't provide that to Accordance--those marginalia are some of what's most useful (to me) about the NA27.

Edited by AbramKJ

In this case I believe it was the availability of an e-text. Keep in mind the NA27 came out in the early 90's and just because something was typeset for printing doesn't mean that it is available and suitable for electronic use.

Edited by Rick Bennett

L. also does not have chapter IV.

Have a look here:

http://rosetta.reltech.org/TC/v11/SESB2006rev.pdf

Hans