Prefaces & Intros

Mike Wilson

In Dr J'S 29th June podcast on The Library Window, he showed three library windows as set up by three different users. In the window as organised by user, Sean Reed, there was a folder titled Prefaces and Intros. I have always found prefaces and introductory sections of the various modules to be very interesting and useful but have difficulty in showing them on screen, much less collecting them into a folder.

Judging by the Sean Reed example it would appear that I am missing something. Can anyone enlighten me as to how this is done?

Mike

I couldn't identify what you were referring to in the podcast, but I can tell you that "Prefaces and Intros" most likely refers to bible intros and similar modules (e.g. "Bible Introduction", "KJV Preface", "BBE Intro", "WEBSTR Intro", "Berkhof-NT Intro", "Carson et al.-NT Intro").

What I believe you are looking for needs to be compiled or created in a user tool. I tried to get this effort kick started into a community effort this up on a slow forum day previously (see this topic).

In there, I include sections like the "About This Text..." section, a description, parts from Readme module, and my own notes.

I would be happy to revive and share this effort (I'm a little further along and now out of texts and into tools).

I hope this helps!

Mike

The modules in my Prefaces and Intros folder are simply the introductions or prefaces to various Bible modules (such as the KJV Preface, BBE Intro, etc.).

Sean

Archived