Disappearing Text Title

J A Miller

Perhaps this is intentional but I have a question about how Accordance (8.4.6) handles the listing of Texts. In my Library window, I have organized my texts, of which one is AFL-E. If I double-click this it opens in a new tab. This is fine.

Now, if I go to a Tab which is already open and displaying Text modules (e.g., NIV), and I click on the button labeled NIV, the drop down menu shows my folders and then one of the folders shows the AFL-E module (i.e., the menu looks like this: Original Language Texts - AFL-E). This is also fine.

However, if I hold my left mouse button the Text Icon just above the windows displaying the text in the bar area under the search bar, I get the following: Original Langage - [all of the modules EXCEPT AFL-E are listed].

See the following screen grab.

post-10146-127294506378_thumb.png

I am not sure why the AFL-E is not listed in this menu. Is there a way to fix this?

[Edit: I also noticed that I am also missing BENSIRA-M and LXX-R. Not sure what is happening here.]

This is completely intentional. This last menu is the Add Pane menu, which adds a parallel pane to the ones currently displaying in the window. It displays only the texts from the same corpus, so it will display AFL-E only when the search text is one of the Apostolic Fathers texts, BenSira-M only when the Search text is BenSira-M (in Manuscript order). I don't know why LXX-R would be missing as it should display when the search text is any Biblical text.

LXX-R isn't missing, but it's not grouped with the other LXX modules. It's right after DSSB-E.

Lorinda

I hadn't looked at the picture. He had not updated the Library window which explains why the order of the modules in the lists is different. The pop-up menus reflect the Library window only after you commit the change by updating (so you can change your mind and close the window without saving your changes).

LXX-R isn't missing, but it's not grouped with the other LXX modules. It's right after DSSB-E.

Lorinda

Thank you for pointing that out. I missed that.

I hadn't looked at the picture. He had not updated the Library window which explains why the order of the modules in the lists is different. The pop-up menus reflect the Library window only after you commit the change by updating (so you can change your mind and close the window without saving your changes).

Sorry about that. LXX-R does appear in the correct order now that I clicked the update button.

This is completely intentional. This last menu is the Add Pane menu, which adds a parallel pane to the ones currently displaying in the window. It displays only the texts from the same corpus, so it will display AFL-E only when the search text is one of the Apostolic Fathers texts, BenSira-M only when the Search text is BenSira-M (in Manuscript order). I don't know why LXX-R would be missing as it should display when the search text is any Biblical text.

Thank you for the explanation, Helen. I am still learning the program. I guess this is something to which I will have to adjust, but it is confusing for the moment. I guess I had just thought of the Add Pane menu as a quick way to select any of the texts available, but I guess this is what the Library window is for.

Use the Search text menu to change the current search text to any other, the one in the top left of the window.

Archived