User notes on a User Tool?

Nick Matthews

Maybe I'm not quite seeing it, but how can I create user notes for a User Tool?

Basically, I created a user tool to contain the United Church of Canada's "A New Creed", and I wanted to create notes on the text, linking it to appropriate scripture references.

The normal hotkey combination to edit user notes actually edits the user tool text instead.

Also, is there a way to open a user tool in one of the text panes alongside my bibles and commentaries?

User notes can only be added to Bible and other texts, not to tools or user tools. User tools cannot be viewed in parallel with Bible text in a pane. Sorry, but this is how these things are designed. You can add notes in the user tool itself, perhaps with a different style or size. You can also add Scripture links.

Maybe I'm not quite seeing it, but how can I create user notes for a User Tool?

Basically, I created a user tool to contain the United Church of Canada's "A New Creed", and I wanted to create notes on the text, linking it to appropriate scripture references.

One thing you could do is to create a second User Tool for your notes. That way all your notes will be arranged in the topical order of "...A New Creed." In your notes User Tool you can create links to particular phrases in the creed in addition to relevant scripture links. I've already done this where on of my User Tools overlaps slightly with another User Tool so I created links to back and forth between them and to be reminded of the other notes I wrote on the given topic. Does that make sense?

You can also set them up in different workspaces and Tile the windows so that they are parallel to one another.

Archived