Question regarding upgrades

jarcher

With those modules that are not yet complete (such as the CNTTS NT Critical Apparatus and the Ancient Christian Commentary on Scripture) will you continue to receive free upgrades as databases are finished or will you be required to re-purchase them? I am interested in both but don't want to buy them now if I'll have to buy them again after the modules are finished.

Thanks,

Jeremy

The CNTTS apparatus is an unfinished module whose upgrades are included in the purchase price, requiring only the price of the CD-ROM and any major program upgrade. This also applies to the Targums (tagged and English) and many other modules on the Scholar's Collection that are still in development.

However, we are about to release a major upgrade of the CNTTS with a price DROP, so I would wait for that.

The ACCS is a different story. My understanding is that there will be a separate Volume 2 CD-ROM when all the volumes are published, but IVP has not discussed it with us, so I am really only guessing at their plans. However, it won't be for a long while, so I recommend going ahead with your purchase. We always try to be fair with upgrades, actually we bend over backwards to be fair whch makes things rather complicated.

However, we are about to release a major upgrade of the CNTTS with a price DROP, so I would wait for that.

...so I recommend going ahead with your purchase. We always try to be fair with upgrades, actually we bend over backwards to be fair whch makes things rather complicated.

Thanks for the great tips!

Jeremy

Archived