Customizing Default Details Workspace

Lorinda H. M. Hoover

I'm wanting to customize the Details Workspace, changing the size and number and location of open tabs, in such a way that this is the details layot that opens each time I hit the details button.

I have a feeling that I learned how to do some of this once, and added some tabs that I now find to be unhelpful clutter for my particular day-to-day use of the details feature, but I can't remember how I did it. A search of the help files, the forum and the blog didn't turn up anything, either.

Is this possible? If so, how?

Lorinda

Lorinda,

I don't believe there's a way to have Accordance remember window sizes and the like for a Details workspace other than leaving it open all the time. In the Search window preferences, however, you can check the different kinds of Details tabs you would like to open by default. That's probably what you did before. You can also customize the default appearance of each Detail type for different Bible texts you search by using Command-T and then clicking the Use As Default button.

Hope this helps.

If you save the workspace with Details open, the recalled window also recalls and reuses the Details workspace exactly as it was. This would apply to a default opening session as well.

Thanks to you both! I had looked through the different categories of preferences, but had not thought to check Search Window for Details settings. Turning off the graphs I don't need is very helpful. (As an aside, part of my problem with too many tabs is that several tabs begin with "Analysis" but are truncated, so it is impossible to tell which tab is for a particular type of analysis graph and which is for the analysis "table.")

I'll ponder how I might best use Helen's tip. my "default" workspace doesn't have any search tabs when it is first opened (unless I didn't close them before the last time), instead it is filled mostly with Text tabs. I open search tabs when I need them. I'll think about how I might be able to adjust my workflow to make use of her suggestion of leaving Details windows open.

Lorinda

Archived