"End" key within text panes

David Glasgow

Hi folks!

I was about to submit a feature request, but then it occurred to me that maybe I'm just weird. (I know--there's no need to discuss that question for folks who know me well.)

But here's the point: Currently in Accordance, when we press the "End" key with a text pane focused, the text jumps so that the last verse of the text is at the top of the window. (In other words, only the last verse is visible in its entirety.)

I would prefer, when I press the "End" key while in a text pane, to have the text scroll so that the last word of the text is visible at the bottom of the window. (In other words, the last verse is visible in its entirety, plus as many verses preceding that verse as will fit in the window.)

Am I alone in my wish? Would others find the latter configuration preferable?

(Or am I missing an existing preference, in which case I'm sure Joe Weaks will take great delight in drawing it to my attention....?) ;)

I'd like to add my support for this. It's always bugged me for years that we are allowed to scroll way past the text till the last verse is at the top. Again, it could always be added to the ever growing preferences.

I'd support this feature as well. No reason to scroll way past the text and loose some context upwards off the screen.

Archived