User Tool Error

Brad Pribbenow

Greetings:

I have created a User Tool from some of my lecture notes. I am now going through the User Tool I've created to correct the formatting of the tool. When I try to save (update) my work I get the following error:

"Make the title a separate paragraph before the rest of the text" (see screen shot attached to this post)

I cannot seem to get to the bottom of this problem. You can see (from the screen shot) that when this error window pops up it also highlights a portion of the tool content (this same portion of the tool content always gets highlighted when I try to save/update). I'm not sure why or what it means.

As a secondary question, how do I edit the "layer" labels (not sure what these are technically called) on the left side of the screen. If I hover over the red numbers I only see a "T", which I assume means "title". Is there instructions in the Accordance Help on how to edit the User Tools?

Thanks!

post-709-0-03273100-1409065524_thumb.png

Edited by Brad Pribbenow

The T, 1, 2, etc on the left are heading levels. The warning happens because you have a heading marker next to a paragraph that is too long. I'm not at my computer at the moment, but the Accordance help should tell you more about editing User Tools.

Hello, Brad:

The Title or subtitles can only be 128 characters long. Just like a book, the titles are expected to be rather short and a separate paragraph from the rest of the work. Think of the titles as headings.

On the second question, you can decrease the hierarchy to a subtitle by clicking on the red T while holding the OPT key. Like wise you can increase the hierarchy from holding down the OPT & SHIFT keys while clicking on the 1 or 2 or etc.