Accordance keeps closing down when I open up

Kathryn

I have not upgraded to the latest version of Accordance, but have done all the updates before then. I have done nothing different on Accordance since yesreday, when Accordance opened up just fine. Today, it keeps closing down when I open it up. A dialog box with "Opening Start-Up Session" comes up with the blue processing line going for awhile, then the whole application closes down. I saw the thread about trashing the start-up file from Accordance Preferences and did that, but it still will not open up.

Sometimes the startup session becomes corrupted, which seems to be the case here. We handle this a bit better on v10, but for v9, you need to find and remove the file. Its located in ~/Library/Preferences/Accordance Preferences/Startup Session. If you are on Lion or Mountain Lion, you can access your user's Library by holding down the Option key and selecting it from Finder's Go menu.

I did trash the start-up file. Accordance opened but just with a basic window. How do I get my worksheet back that has my workspace all set up? It would take a lot of time for me to set that back up from scratch. I have been using Accordance for years, and never have had this problem before.

Edited by Kathryn

If you didn't save that workspace somewhere else, then it was always saved as the startup session. Could you perhaps restore that file via Time Machine or some other backup?

I always save it to my Desktop, but when I try to open it up from there, a dialog box with "Opening Parell-9" comes up with the blue processing line going for awhile, then the whole application closes down.

It seems like something in that file is still corrupt. However, its odd that both your startup session and that saved file got corrupt at the same time, which leads me to wonder if something changed recently. I'd like to try out your session, and will private message you details for how to send it to me.