Cannot synch modules with desktop Accordance using Wi-Fi

Michael J. Bolesta

I have made multiple attempts at updating modules on my iPhone 5S and iPad 2 via synch with desktop Accordance (Mac) using Wi-Fi. The desktop Accordance indicates that it is updating (11 modules). Another run updates the same 11 modules. Checking for updates on the iOS device tells me that those 11 modules need updating. Shutting down all devices and restarting does not correct the problem.

Accordance for Mac 10.4.3 [Mac OS X 10.9.4] Accordance for iOS 1.7.4 [iOS 7.1.2]

Have you tried creating an Ad Hoc Network (in the WiFi menu)? If so, please send a list of the modules that refuse to update, so we can check them out. I know there is also a post about modules that will not install, and we are still looking into that.

Have you tried creating an Ad Hoc Network (in the WiFi menu)? If so, please send a list of the modules that refuse to update, so we can check them out. I know there is also a post about modules that will not install, and we are still looking into that.

Helen

Thank you. I tried this (ad hoc network, MacBook Air and iPad 2), but it did not solve the problem. I never had this problem with my home LAN using an Apple Airport. I did not have any issues with previous versions of iOS, Mac, or Accordance software with this particular feature.

On my iPhone 5S, I did upgrade my modules directly over the Wi-Fi network using update, performing it in batches. When I had three left, I tried synching with desktop Mac, and it again failed.

The modules are IVP-Pocket Dictionaries, BDAG, NA28 Crossrefs, GNT-T Notes, NETS2 Notes, Catholic Study Bible, ESV Notes, BHS Guide, Catholic Code of Canon Law in English, Pratico-Van Pelt Hebrew, and Four Views of Baptism

NB: I seem to recall that Concise DCH flashed on the screen the first time I attempted this task, and it did update.

Do you use Dropbox or WiFi for your user content (notes, tools, highlights) syncing?

Dropbox for user content. That has not been an issue. The issue is Accordance modules being synched with the desktop app.

Thanks. We've found a separate bug with WiFi syncing of user content and I wanted to make sure that wasn't contributing to the overall WiFi sync process in your case.

Edited by Scott Knapp

Michael,

Thank you for the report, I am sorry that you are having problems.

I am still investigating WiFi syncing problems with updated Accordance Modules (we had some reports last week after users updated to 1.7.4). We might need to make contact with you privately to gather some more information about your setup.

Mike

• Like 1

Michael,

Thank you for the report, I am sorry that you are having problems.

I am still investigating WiFi syncing problems with updated Accordance Modules (we had some reports last week after users updated to 1.7.4). We might need to make contact with you privately to gather some more information about your setup.

Mike

Thank you very much. The debug file has been submitted.

Just found out that I am having the same issue. It goes through the process of syncing over wifi but it does not update the version of the resource on the iPhone or iPad.

We've identified the issue and are working n a fix for the next release.

Great. Thanks

We've identified the issue and are working n a fix for the next release.

So I guess we are waiting for Apple to approve the iOS revision? The update of the desktop to 10.4.3.2 (Mac) did not correct the issue.

Accordance for Mac 10.4.3.2 [Mac OS X 10.9.4] Accordance for iOS 1.7.4 [iOS 7.1.2]

So I guess we are waiting for Apple to approve the iOS revision? The update of the desktop to 10.4.3.2 (Mac) did not correct the issue.

Accordance for Mac 10.4.3.2 [Mac OS X 10.9.4] Accordance for iOS 1.7.4 [iOS 7.1.2]

Nothing has been submitted to Apple yet. We already had a bug fix update planned for iOS 8 related items; I imagine this fix will be with that as well.

There's enough fixes to updating and syncing that we'll probably release a version just with those changes. Although there will also need to be a desktop release also to fully fix one of the WiFi syncing issues.

• Like 2

Yep. Having the syncing with Mac issue here, too. I checked the versions on the Mac, iPhone, and iPad. With both iOS devices, the sync had gone through the updating process, but the versions didn't change.

Additionally, when I tried to update iPhone or iPad via wi-fi, bypassing the Mac, it times out and tells me to check my connection. My connection is fine – all other wi-fi dependent apps work. If I attempt an Easy Install, the wi-fi connection cannot be found on the iPhone and just sits there on the iPad.

Any idea on the timing of the next release?

Thanks for working on this.

Yep. Having the syncing with Mac issue here, too. I checked the versions on the Mac, iPhone, and iPad. With both iOS devices, the sync had gone through the updating process, but the versions didn't change.

Additionally, when I tried to update iPhone or iPad via wi-fi, bypassing the Mac, it times out and tells me to check my connection. My connection is fine – all other wi-fi dependent apps work. If I attempt an Easy Install, the wi-fi connection cannot be found on the iPhone and just sits there on the iPad.

Any idea on the timing of the next release?

Thanks for working on this.

1.7.5 is in beta, which I believe successfully addresses these issues. Barring any major issues, it should be submitted to Apple pretty soon.

• Like 1

Thanks, Rick. I appreciate all the hard work and trouble-shooting you guys are having to do.

• 2 weeks later...

Accordance for Bible Study 1.7.5 rectified this issue. Thanks!

Accordance for Mac 10.4.3.2 [Mac OS X 10.9.4] Accordance for iOS 1.7.5 [iOS 7.1.2]

Edited by Michael J. Bolesta

Hi Michael, 1.7.5, not 10.7.5 (I know you know, but just to clarify for any casual readers)

Hi Michael, 1.7.5, not 10.7.5 (I know you know, but just to clarify for any casual readers)

To err is human, but to really mess up, use a computer.

Edited by Michael J. Bolesta
  • Like 2

I thought maybe you were just part of the 2023 beta testing team.

• Like 1

To err is human, but to really mess up, use a computer.

To err is human, to sleep, recline.

• 1 month later...

I can sync my iPhone running iOS 8.0.2 with my iMac running OS 10.9.5, but not my iPad Mini running the same version. I have deleted Accordance from the Mini and reinstalled but have the same results. It will recognize the device but never connects. Any suggestions are appreciated.

post-17875-0-25397900-1412215229_thumb.png