Better way to select entire sections in tools

Jon Falkenstein

I Work with the Church Fathers modules frequently, as well as other tools. I find myself wanting to highlight and print entire sections quite frequently, such as Athanasius' On the Incarnation. Now I know I can Click and drag my cursor from the beginning to the end and then "print selection." However, this is a very awkward process when I want to select the equivalent of maybe 50 or so pages. I really wish I could select a section in the browser and either export it to PDF or print directly from it, without having to click and drag the whole section.

I know there are some copyright considerations here (though many of the tools are post-copyright anyway). Nonetheless, this is a definite thing I would like to see.

Option-click on a section in the Browser, and then search Titles for *, with a display of Articles. Then you see and can print just your selected sections. Please see the Help on Consulting Study Aids for details on the Tools browser.

Thank you Helen, that quick tip is a huge time saver!

With this said, that is somewhat non-intuitive and seems to take more time than a simple operation like that should. I've been using Accordance since 2006 and never figured that out, even after looking at the help files to see what the select range feature does.

Perhaps this is where I would suggest a UI tweak, something like being able to ctrl-click a browser item and select "export" or "print." Right now I can indeed click "select range" but then I can't even go from there to "Print Selection" in the file menu. It seems like this would make more sense to select a range and then print it, rather than select range, then search titles for "*" and then view by article, then print.

I feel this process is something that could easily be streamlined into a 1 or 2-step process rather than the 4-step process you've told me.

Archived