LSJ unabridged

danzac

Is there any plans for an unabridged version of the latest Liddel and Scott, Liddell-Scott-Jones? Logos has it, why not us?

• 1 year later...

Any progress towards an unabridged Liddell-Scott?

I see that it has been recently added to BibleWorks, which is a good thing, as it paves the way to its migration to Accordance.

• 1 year later...
Yes, we are actively pursuing this etext.

The Oxford Press Holiday Sale is here and I am considering purchasing the paper copy at the reduced price. I would certainly prefer to have it on Accordance. Has there been any recent progress on this front in the last year?

The Oxford Press Holiday Sale is here and I am considering purchasing the paper copy at the reduced price. I would certainly prefer to have it on Accordance. Has there been any recent progress on this front in the last year?

You can get it for free in electronic form with Diogenes. Granted it isn't as useful as having it in Accordance, but it definitely beats having to purchase a hard copy.

• 3 months later...
Still pursuing it, but no news to report as yet, sorry.

Any news on this front?

• 5 months later...

Having just had to go track down a physical copy in the library for a word that wasn't in any of Accordance's lexicons (including the abridged L&S), I will also add my voice here to request an Accordance edition of the full unabridged 9th edition.

Any progress to report yet?

Yes, we are working on it and about to announce it together with some other some upcoming modules.

• 2 years later...

Yes, we are working on it and about to announce it together with some other some upcoming modules.

Is the module listed on this page (http://www.accordancebible.com/store/details/?pid=Liddell+%26+Scott) the one being referenced to in this discussion, or is there a further unabridged version in the works still?

Thanks!

We have been and are still actively trying to get the etext for the full LSJ from Oxford UK. There are promising developments, but it has taken far longer than we hoped. Once we have a text, it will be our top priority to convert it into an Accordance module. The module that we have had for years is the Intermediate Liddell & Scott, still useful for its breadth of vocabulary, but lacking in the fullness of the definitions, etc.

Archived