LINK command not working

Fr. Rich

When I try to get two Greek lexicons to open with a triple click, the link never works. In this case, I am trying to link BDAG and the new LSJ. Even after linking LSJ to BDAG, a triple click only opens BDAG. Linking has worked for me in the past but not now.

I have Accordance 10.1 running on a Macbook Pro with 8g of ram and a 512 SSD. Using OS X 10.8.2.

Rich+

Is the LSJ linked to the same BDAG tab that opens with the triple-click? That works for me, but the triple-click does fail to reuse a tab I opened directly, and then set to recycle. Therefore a tab linked to it also fails to update.

I open BDAG by triple clicking a Greek word. Then I open LSJ and use the LINK command.Nothing happens. Even with the LINK in place, if I return to the Greek text and triple click another word, BDAG gets the new word but LSJ does not. Nor does the triple click open both BDAG and LSJ.

I am probably doing something wrong but I can't figure what it is.

RicH+

Hi Rich,

Is the linked LSJ also set to search by "Greek Entry"? Sometimes this is the problem, as I show in the video embedded in this blog post.

http://www.accordancebible.com/Greek-And-Hebrew-Word-Studies

If all linked lexicons are set to Greek Entry, then typically this would mean that the uncooperative lexicon does not have an entry for that word, but I can't imagine this is the case for LSJ.

Did you get this working Rich?

It seems to work with LSJ for me...

post-29509-0-59022900-1354532059_thumb.png

Edited by Ken Simpson

I have been able to link and it works fine as long as I keep whichever lexicons I am using. I thought that there was a way to link them and then, when one opened for a triple click, the others would open too. I can't do that.

Thanks for checking.

Hi Rich,

glad to help. I don't think you can do this with triple-clicking, but you can do it using search all.

If you create a new user group and add the lexica to the group, you can then search on a greek word (or Hebrew if you go that way) with a right click and then select "Search all => [name of your user group]"

It's not quite as elegant as the triple-click option, but it works.

Let me know if you need better instructions on how to create a user group.